Monday, August 24, 2015


 Made it out to Rattlesnake Ridge this weekend for some sight seeing and reference gathering :)



With some fresh reference in my head and plenty of images to pull from I jumped into making a couple of rocks. The idea for these rocks was to ensure each side was unique, and could be used multiple times to populate a scene quickly.


Micro detail was avoided at this stage and a focus on silhouette and shape became the goal for this exercise.

These rocks were duped off and decimated down to bring into Maya in prep for baking normals.Once complete, I was able to populate the scene I am working on rather quickly.

And with that, these are the initial compositions that I landed on.



One of my all time favorite games is Skyrim. Which is where most of the inspiration for this scene comes from. The good people over at Bethesda have player immersion down to a science and with Fallout 4 out for release soon I am hoping they will return to the Elder Scrolls series for their next project.  

Having a lot of fun with this project and looking forward to showing more updates as they come in.


No comments:

Post a Comment